Re: Idiot's DRM/DRI/FB question, tibook

On Mon, 2005-10-17 at 12:22 -0400, Josh Narins wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I've got the 15" powerbook tibook (PowerBook3,5)
>
> I am pretty sure I don't have the fully correct set of kernel config
> options to take advantage of the full power of my graphics card.
>
> The only things that don't work are games like egoboo (0 FPS, it
> advertises, but it is over 5 FPM), but I still might like the machine to
> be operating to the best of the abilities that people like Ben H and M
> Danzer have made possible.

I have the same model, and yes, 3D acceleration should work ... Make
sure you have the latest X.org and kernels from debian, they should have
DRI working. I also have in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Section "DRI"
        Mode    0666
EndSection

And among others:

	Load	"dri"
	Load	"glx"

In my "Module" section

Also, you'll get better preformances if you add Option "AGPMode" "4" in
your "Device" section.

If it still doesn't work, send me your /var/log/Xorg.0.log and the
output of glxinfo

Ben.