Re: Orinoco/hermes (original Airport) WPA support status

Soeren Sonnenburg <debianppc-ml@nn7.de> wrote:

> Wait, as kernel 2.6.14 has these config options now
>
> CONFIG_IEEE80211
> CONFIG_IEEE80211_CRYPT_WEP
> CONFIG_IEEE80211_CRYPT_CCMP
> CONFIG_IEEE80211_CRYPT_TKIP
>
> and if the orinoco driver supported (or even already supports thsi
> framework ?!) it would work as this is done in software IIUC or is this
> a hardware limitation ?

Indeed, it can be done in software using the ieee80211 framework.

But this requires some work on the driver to adapt it. It's on my todo
list, with a gazillion other things ...

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>  |  Debian, because code matters more