Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.
- From: Jérôme Warnier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:32:33 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 1128940353.22777.58.camel@localhost>
- In-reply-to: <20050921175400.GA26576@localhost.localdomain>
- References: <20050818113050.GA13439@localhost.localdomain> <20050819080044.GA5149@ime.usp.br> <20050921175400.GA26576@localhost.localdomain>
Le mercredi 21 septembre 2005 à 19:54 +0200, Sven Luther a écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 05:00:44AM -0300, Rogério Brito wrote:
> > On Aug 18 2005, Sven Luther wrote:
> > > I was forced to disable the floppy builds for now, since they failed to
> > > build, and the 2.6.12 kernels are 200K too big anyway for miboot
> > > floppies, we need to find out how to make them smaller, and solve the
> > > non-freeness of miboot for the etch release.
> > Humm, this is indeed a problem. :-( The non-freeness of miboot is a
> > secondary problem in face of not having a way to install the operating
> > system on the box. :-(
> i managed to do a powerpc-miboot flavour build, which does fit on a miboot
> floppy. I would like (urgently) for folk to test it out, it is just a kernel,
> i need to see if it boots, not much more for now, before i go ahead and upload
> 2.6.12-7 which would include it, and subsequently build debian-installer
> images with it.
> The floppy is at :
It boots happily on my PowerMacintosh G3.
Where am I supposed to find the matching root disk image file, though?
> Sven Luther