Re: Kernel 2.6 on a PegasOS?

it.
       -- Seymour Cray commenting on virtual memory
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 21:55:46 +0200

Quoting Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr>:

> On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 07:29:19PM +0200, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
>> I've been trying for weeks/months (not full time though :)
>> to get a 2.6 kernel booting on my PegasOS to no avail.
>
> It works just fine, every pegasos machine shipping is accompanied with a 2.6
> kernel since over a year now.

I installed my own not quite a year ago...

>> The Sarge 2.6.8-12 kernel just stops loading after 5-10
>
> This is not the case, what kind of pegasos board do you have exactly, and may
> you perchance have faulty memory ? When did you buy the board, and is it a
> pegasos 2, or one of those pre-april boards floating around.

No idea. It's a (long) loaner. Is there any commands that can tell you
this? Neither /proc/pci nor dmesg tell me anything that I deem interesting.

Don't want to open it today. i've had a bad/rough day and the machine is
below a heavy 17" monitor :). If I have to, I'll open it tomorrow...

>> seconds, and my own, well can't remember exactly, but they
>> hang after starting to boot..
>
> you need to create a zImage, not use the plain vmlinux.

That much I actually figured out as well :). Didn't help...
--
Treasury Ft. Bragg bomb terrorist explosion CIA Kennedy domestic
disruption radar Panama BATF 747 plutonium supercomputer North Korea