Re: Kernel 2.6 on a PegasOS?

On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 09:56:12PM +0200, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:
> > This is not the case, what kind of pegasos board do you have exactly, and may
> > you perchance have faulty memory ? When did you buy the board, and is it a
> > pegasos 2, or one of those pre-april boards floating around.
>
> No idea. It's a (long) loaner. Is there any commands that can tell you
> this? Neither /proc/pci nor dmesg tell me anything that I deem interesting.

the content of /proc/cpuinfo would be a first help, if it is pegasos 1, then
you would need to open it if it is pre-april, or april, don't know how to
distinguish april1 from april2 though, maybe the april1 don't have mac address
in the VIA chip.

> Don't want to open it today. i've had a bad/rough day and the machine is
> below a heavy 17" monitor :). If I have to, I'll open it tomorrow...

Ok.

> >> seconds, and my own, well can't remember exactly, but they
> >> hang after starting to boot..
> >
> > you need to create a zImage, not use the plain vmlinux.
>
> That much I actually figured out as well :). Didn't help...

Please get the exact error message, or maybe a serial console will tell you
more ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther