Re: getting PowerPC 3400c's attention

Hans Ekbrand wrote:

On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 10:19:57AM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 15:03 -0700, Paul Scott wrote:
I have been running sid on x86 for several years but just was given a 3400c PowerBook. I am a Mac Linux newbie.

sid and X are installed with quik loader.

quik seems to be set to autoboot: true

I have mistakenly configured X for keyboard macintosh_old and now seem to be very stuck. I can't login to X (xdm).

Is the key-mapping weird? Is that why you can't login?
Apparently so.

Have you seen: http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes
I hadn't yet. Thanks. That seems to address problems that have been solved by sarge but doesn't address keymapping in X which is the only place I now sometimes have a problem.

I don't know how to get to VT or single user mode.

Ctrl-Alt-F1 should give you a VT. It should but it didn't.  In those configurations X was intercepting all keytrokes that I could think of except for Ctrl-apple-Power.
Thanks,

Paul