Re: [debian-powerpc] New Ibook no sound

Saladino _ <arkato@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

> My problem is that i have no sound. I've tried to compile all sound
> stuff statically but nothing,

You *should not* make them all built-in kernel, but select one of the
following(or make both as modules and then load one manually):

    snd_powermac  - alsa
    dmasound_pmac - oss

On my ibook, by choosing dmasound_pmac,

$ lsmod|grep snd
snd_seq                65244  0
snd_seq_device          9768  1 snd_seq
snd_pcm_oss            67624  0
snd_pcm               115448  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd_timer              29252  2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
snd_page_alloc         11624  1 snd_pcm
snd_mixer_oss          23232  1 snd_pcm_oss
snd                    66744  6 snd_seq, snd_seq_device, snd_pcm_oss,
                                snd_pcm, snd_timer, snd_mixer_oss

Hope that helps,

--
William