Re: miboot floppies [was Re: powerpc d-i daily builds reactivated, use 2.6.12 kernels, including 64bit kernels, miboot floppies dropped for now.]

On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 05:06:44PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 04:04:25PM +0200, Hans Ekbrand wrote:
> > Wed, 24 Aug 2005 01:58:58 -0300 Rogério Brito wrote:
> > > Note to self: when replacing the zImage on the HFS boot floppy, one has
> > > to use the vmlinux image compressed with gzip, like this:
> >
> > >     gzip -9 vmlinux
> > >     hmount /dev/fd0
> > >     hcopy vmlinux.gz :zImage
> > >     humount /dev/fd0
> >
> > > No other image that I tried worked. But it was nice to (re)-discover how
> > > one makes a boot floppy for an OldWorld Mac.
> >
> > I tried to repeat what Rogério Brito did (using the same kernel-source
> > (version 2.6.13-rc6-mm1), and the .config posted by Brito to the
> > lkml).

[...]

> See, you need to reduce the size of this kernel. Make sure to post your
> .config file once you are done with it.

Yes I understand that, but what I don't understand is why Rogério
succeeded when I don't. As I wrote above, I did use the same .config
as he and the same kernel-sources.

Could it be different compilers used? I used a pure sarge system to
compile.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>
Q. Why is top posting bad?