Re: Powerbook 12" USB power

>> Be carefull with that. USB is specified for 5V/500mA = 2.5W per
>> Port/Hub. Most hard disks, even the 2.5" Laptop ones, use more power so
>> you may damage your laptop if you use an external hard drive without
>> external power supply. Read the datasheet of your hard drive carefully.

Hmm you're worried me. My ipod-mini is recommended for
usb-2, but I guess that's for data transfer. I usually
charge it with the usb-1 port of my ibook.

Do you have any idea how much power it takes? Am I putting
my usb port at risk?

Could not find the info on the web, and apple removed the
ipod mini specs since they're introducing the ipod nano...

Thanks