Re: sudden power loss on tibook

Hi,

On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 12:49 +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > I thought I should report for the record that for me this problem
> > persists in kernel 2.6.13 (self-compiled, with the recent pci patch). My
> > machine is a powerbook 12" (powerbook 6,2).
> >
> > Does anyone know if this has been brought up on the LKML? Would that be
> > appropriate?
>
> Pardon me piping up from the peanut gallery ...
>
> Do we have a clear picture of the hardware/software combination this bug
> is triggered by?

Not sure if this is the same bug, but on my Powerbook6,8 (12"), it turns
off after about 5 minutes with the lid closed, only on battery power.
Running pbbuttonsd, pmud, or nothing, it's the same. This with latest
Ubuntu breezy kernels, well actually I patched to swap caps lock and
control and rebuilt. So 2.6.12 with whatever patches ubuntu has.

> - running some version of mouseemu?

I don't think I am...

> - are you using either pbbuttonsd or mouseemu to block the trackpad while
>   typing?

No, and it's an appletouch.

Regards,

Wingo.