Re: 2.6.13: kismet working, with old Airport Card?

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:09:41 +0200
Wolfgang Pfeiffer <roto@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi All
> To those who have installed 2.6.13 from kernel.org, the old Apple
> Airport Card (Orinoco/Hermes I chip -- the card that must be installed
> by unscrewing the machine) and kismet: Does kismet work now with the
> *unpatched* 2.6.13 sources in /net/wireless ( i.e. the orinoco*,
> hermes*, whatever files in there)?

with the standard kernel i think not, you have to patch it....

> I'm asking because I hate it to compile the unpatched 2.6.13, install it,
> reboot the machine only to find that I still will need some patch from
> http://www.kismetwireless.net/download.shtml to get kismet running ..

i've a patch for monitor mode for orinoco driver here:

plus apatch to make led blink on air traffic:

which check for a strange error which hangs my ibook, if the drivers you use hang your, try my patch....