Re: Booting with yaboot and a new kernel

I had the same problem with my ibook pismo. In my case the symlinks in
the /boot directory did not point in the right direction. The solution
was to update them manually, or change in entries in yaboot.conf as
pointing directly to the new and old kernels.

I also had to add an initrd line as shown below:

This is my yaboot.conf file:

boot=/dev/hda2
device=/pci@f2000000/mac-io@17/ata-4@1f000/disk@0:
partition=4
root=/dev/hda4
timeout=100
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
enablecdboot

image=/boot/vmlinux-2.6.11-powerpc
        label=Linux
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img-2.6.11-powerpc

image=/boot/vmlinux.old
        label=old
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img.old

Call ybin once you have updated yaboot.conf

Hope that solves your problem.

Mark.