Does Sarge have worse performance than Woody on image processing?

Hello debian experts,

I was running a face recognition software on Woody before,
and I just updated it to Sarge.
My problem is why the performance of the face recognition performance was cut down 50%?
The optimize cflags I used for g++ is "-O3 -mcpu=603e -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer".
I also use IibMagick++-dev and libsdl-dev in my software.

Does anybody have similar problem? Is this cause by gnu compiler or the packages incompatible in Sarge?
Please give me some advice. Thanks

Arthur