Re: ANN: apple motion sensor reverse engineered

On Sat, 2005-08-20 at 10:06 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> BTW. It would be useful to "match" what you have found with whatever
> specs can be found for such chips, that is, basically figure out what
> chip they are using from what vendor and get the full spec...

Good point.

Based on the information I have I'd say they're probably using this
chip:
http://www.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/data_sheet/MMA7260Q.pdf

with something similar to this microcontroller:

http://www.freescale.com/webapp/sps/site/prod_summary.jsp?code=RD3112MMA7260Q&nodeId=011269Vhn6&tid=tslpAN#

I based that on the fact that we have EE memory commands in the OSX
binary (not that they're used, but ...).

Well. It seems that freescale doesn't sell a complete package, at least
I couldn't find one.

johannes