Re: Modify the brightness without the use of Framebuffer

This may be a complete red herring, but I found with my 2003 12" powerbook that if you use the riva fb, you can suspend to disk fine, as long as you switch to a console (ctrl-alt-F1 or whatever) before suspending for the first time. After that you can suspend straight from X with no problems as often as you like, until you next reboot the system.

Hope this helps!

/james

Mickael Royer wrote:
Hi

I have the post 02/05 powerbook 12''. To use the suspend-to -disk with X, I have to disable the framebuffer (video=ofonly). But, when i do this, i can not anymore modify the brightness of my screen with pbbuttonsd.

So, my question is : Is there a solution to modify the brightness when the framebuffer is disable ?

Thanks for your help