Re: My iBook and Xserver

On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 07:32:41AM -0400, Brett Beeman wrote:
> I'm running an old iBook G3 with a Rage Mobility video card and Xserver
> just refuses to work for me

Try starting it from the consol/command line and check out the messages.

> Anyone else have a
> problem running xserver, and if so, how did you fix it.

There are many potential problems with running an X11 server
and thus many potential fixes.
For anybody to have a chance helping you,
you shall post more details.

Which version of Debian are you running?
Which Xserver?
What is the output of starting X from the command line?
What does the recent fles in /var/log/X* say?