Re: volunteer to fix ALSA for every PPC subarch found! :-)

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Johannes Berg wrote:

On a related issue, snd_powermac doesn't do power management on my
PowerBook5,6 so whenever it comes up from hibernation (I use suspend2
over encrypted swap) sound is gone until I kill all applications using
it and reload the module. I have no idea how to fix this because
apparently alsa adds its own powermanagement layer (is that really
useful?), but I would much appreciate if that could be fixed by someone
who takes up this bounty.

The best way to ensure that it will eventually be fixed is to participate in the bug report's thread on the ALSA BTS. :)

--
Martin-Eric Racine
http://q-funk.iki.fi