Re: Porting iScroll2's tricks ?

On Sunday 22 May 2005 07:51, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-05-22 at 01:23 +0200, Jérémy Bobbio wrote:
> > I recently came across iScroll2 [1].  Quoting its homepage, it
> > reads:
> >
> >   iScroll2 is a modified trackpad driver that adds two-finger
> > scrolling capabilities to supported pre-2005 PowerBooks and iBooks
> > on OS X 10.3. Supported models include aluminum PowerBooks
> > introduced from 2003 to 2004 as well as all G4 iBooks.
> >
> > Did anyone ever thought of porting the tricks it uses to Linux ADB
> > mouse driver?
>
> I had a quick look, it shouldn't be too complicated. The thing is,
> i'd like first to move ADB to the new device model so that we get
> per-device /sysfs entries, where we can expose the various "settings"
> of the trackpad driver.

Daniel Becker finally answered my mail about getting some documentation
about the tricks used in his Mac OS X driver:

~~~ 8< ~~~

Subject: Re: iScroll2 technical informations
Date: Friday 22 July 2005 22:38
From: Daniel Becker <razzfazz@web.de>
To: Jérémy Bobbio <jeremy.bobbio@etu.upmc.fr>

Sorry for taking so long to reply. There's some documentation
available at <http://www.snark.de/mac/tpad/> and at the sites linked
to from there. Apart from that, use the source. Most of it should be
pretty self-explanatory.

Again, my apologies for not replying earlier,

Daniel

Regards,
--
Jérémy