Re: External monitor,ATI 9600

Le dimanche 17 juillet 2005 à 20:39 +0200, Ivelasco a écrit :

> Hello
>
> I have a new PowerBook5,6 (year 2005)and I have installed Debian on
> it.At this moment almost all the hard is working fine(including
> touchpad,bluetooth,sleep,special buttons,sound etc).My desktop is up and
> running with kde and Xfree,but I can't get external monitor either
> TV-out working.

I never tried TV-out but external monitor works fine on this same
hardware using the (probably patched) Ubuntu's Xorg and the following
configuration in /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "RV350 NP"
        Driver          "ati"
        BusID           "PCI:0:16:0"
        Option          "UseFBDev"              "false"
        Option          "CRT2HSync"             "30.0-70.0"
        Option          "CRT2VRefresh"          "50.0-160.0"

# External monitor is a viewport into the panel
        Option          "MetaModes"             "1280x854-1024x768"

# or make both the panel and the monitor display 1024x768
#       Option          "MetaModes"             "1024x768"

# With this you have multiscreen. Without you have just clone
#       Option          "CRT2Position"          "LeftOf"

EndSection

--
Stelian Pop <stelian@popies.net>