Re: Apple's Developer Transition Kit

On Jun 09 2005, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> I'm not sure at all that I will continue maintaining linux support on x86
> based Macs. I'm not really motivated at this point.

Ok, the next question then: are you still motivated to maintain the PPC
based Macs or did you loose the interest given the recent announcement of
migration to x86?

I wouldn't like to be an orphan in this area and, due to monetary reasons,
I think that I will still keep my iBook 2 (Late 2001) and my old PowerMac
9500/180MP that I just upgraded with a recent donation of a G3 card.

I think that while I can contribute to things in userspace (perhaps in very
high level languages), kernelspace is really not the place where I know
anything about.

This doesn't mean that I can't learn how to program in kernelspace, but
absorbing the ever-changing data structures used in Linux is quite time
consuming (and I thank you for keeping up with that) and right now I have
(for work reasons) to spend my time in other things (and things have been
quite hectic here to the point were my health is not in its prime, to use
an understatement).

What we could have is a project to clone BenH. Or maybe he being paid by
IBM to give training on how the kernel works and what are the intrinsic
things regarding the PowerPC architecture that are worth noting for the
development of the platform. :-)

Thanks for all your work, Rogério Brito.

Homepage on freshmeat:  http://freshmeat.net/projects/algorithms/