Re: xkb

Jack Malmostoso wrote:

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 21:10:11 +0200, Mike S wrote:

Has anyone seen this message before, and could this be a problem I am having with my keyboard

Oh yes, I fought it for months. Then, one day, it disappeared.
It comes not from Gnome but from your XFree Keyboard configuration. I
attach here my relevant section of XF86Config, see if it helps:

Section "InputDevice"
       Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
       Driver          "keyboard"
       Option          "CoreKeyboard"
       Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
       Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
       Option          "XkbLayout"     "de_CH"
EndSection

I thank you, that fixed it, except us for Layout, and the prob may have just been that I had xorg set for the rules, I renamed xorg.conf to get the settings that worked from ubuntu. So that apparently was something that I missed.

--Mike S