Re: xkb

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 21:10:11 +0200, Mike S wrote:

> Has anyone seen this message before, and could this be a problem I am
> having with my keyboard

Oh yes, I fought it for months. Then, one day, it disappeared.
It comes not from Gnome but from your XFree Keyboard configuration. I
attach here my relevant section of XF86Config, see if it helps:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "de_CH"
EndSection

--