Re: following addresses had permanent fatal errors

On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 10:01:54AM +0200, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > [...]
> > > That way, complaints about bounces or odd unsubscribe trouble can always
> > > be handled by the current list master, should Pascal collapse under the
> > > load :-)
> >
> > As I said in a private mail to Pascal, I did contacted the listmasters
> > at some time in the past, but I got no response, that's why I didn't
> > suggest contacting listmasters@l.d.o
>
> I just wanted to outline yet another way of getting list problems fixed;
> some people might not want to post that stuff to the BTS (what with all
> e-mail addresses preserved in full, for example). Pascal didn't reply to
> my other mail (regarding the guy at siemens.com with a broken alias),
> though he responded to the first one requesting tgall's suspension from
> the list. Both sent to listmaster. Not responding but silently fixing
> things is about par for Debian admins, IMPO.

I actually replied to the original message when it was raised to my
attention, but somehow forgot to reply to yours. I normally try to not
silently fix things, if only to let people know that it's helpful when
they point things out like that to me.

> Either way, posting that sort of complaint to the _list_ should be
> strongly discouraged.

I agree, it's pretty hard for me to monitor all lists to see what's
going on. =-) On the other hand, I can understand someone's frustration
when they get ignored. It does happen that some requests slip through
the tracks, specially when all the listmasters happen to be busy at the
same time.

Cheers,

Pasc
--
Pascal Hakim                                          0403 411 672
Do Not Bend