Re: Antialiased fonts in gtk1.x applications

Ciao Roger Leigh, nel tuo messaggio dicevi:

> Other applications.  It can cause wierd segfaults in completely
> unrelated programs.  (This has happened to me, forcing me to stop
> using it.  This was a few years ago, on i386, but I still recommend
> caution if you try it.)

Bottomline, I managed to install it (using some really ugly hacks on
freetye2 libraries), but didn't work. So i sticked with reasonably nice
fonts, though not AA.

> I saw a message from the maintainer earlier this year saying that he had
> ported most of it to 2.x, but whether this will be completed I don't
> know (most users wanted to stay with 1.x for speed).  Apparently it uses
> GTK+1.x-specific stuff, making porting rather more difficult.

I mean, in other distros (like Fedora I use on x86) gtk1 apps look good.
But they use no "easy" .gtkrc.mine settings I can copy around.

Hopefully gtk1.x will not last that long and in the end it's just about
looks. I guess my eyes won't bleed for that.

Thanks again!