Controlling the fan, lmsensors usage - pb g3 pismo

Hi,

I work on a pb g3 pismo,

I have a few questions about fan behaviour in linux,

I've heard some strange opinions like "I could hear the fan running on ubuntu, but never on debian", etc. Now is there any way to change the fan behaviour on this machine? Some tools, some patches, some particular kernel config options? I know there are no modules like windtunnel etc. for pismo - or are there any? Yesterday when I lifted the heyboard [after a long hot day] I felt the cpu heatsink was terribly hot [cpuinfor reported about 60deg. Celsius - or 140F], and still no fan running.

Another thing is, can you use lmsensors with g3 pismo?

thanks for your answers,

owczi
--
   [x]--Wojciech---owczi---Owczarek--WO111-RIPE--[_][+]
    |--------- mailto: owczi|at|owczi|dot|net -------|