/usr/lib/libavcodec-cvs.so relocation error

Hi all, I used to get mplayer-g4 from the following apt repository:

  deb http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~agx/linux-ppc/debian/ mplayer/

Since some months I get the following error trying to run mplayer:

  $ mplayer
  mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libavcodec-cvs.so: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x0fcc900c for symbol `memset' out of range

Anyone experiencing the same behaviour has solved it?

I tried to get the sources from the very same repository but there seems
to be none for libavcodec-cvs. I don't know how to get in touch with the
repository maintainer either.

TIA,
Cheers.