Re: debian install issues after tiger install

Antonin AMAND wrote:

Mike S a écrit :

Antonin AMAND wrote:

Hi,

I've an issue reinstalling debian after a mac osx 10.4 tiger install.

I've installed tiger and erase whole disk because I didn't like my
partion table. I've created a hfs+ jounalised case sensitive
partition for tiger and two unix partition (i don't know what apple
mean by "unix fs") and when i want to install debian (or ubuntu), i
get to the partition manager (should be partman) and here comes
troubles, i've no partition on my drive according to partman.

Any idea.

(i've tested the ubuntu with osx panther few weeks ago and it worked)

thx for your help.

Antonin.
By "i've no partition on my drive according to partman. " Does this
mean that the partition editor can't even see the hfs+ Parrtition that
you have tiger on?

--Mike S

Yes indeed.

Antonin.

I don't know I have never heard of that, If I were doing this I'd go back to panther, wipe the drive with that disk, install that, set up the partition table like you like with either the Debian disk or Ubuntu, and then just install Tiger over the panther partition, without wiping the whole disk. That may not be the best thing though, I don't know. But way back when I did my whole parrtition table, I do believe I used the OS 9.0 install disk, that came with my computer, (Show you how old it is?) with DiskSetup or whatever it's called. Also I do not know much about the other partitioner that you used. I have only used it three times with Ubuntu Hoary, and When I had Debian I installed from Woody which used mac-fdisk, (my personal favorite). Is that even included on the new Install Cd's for Debian that can be run from a shell?

--Mike S