Re: bluetooth working on new powerbook

On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 12:05:24PM +0200, Johannes Berg spake thus:
> Barry Hawkins said:
> >     Thanks so much for taking the time to write this up.  Just as you
> > said, this fix instantly made the CSR-based Bluetooth built into my
> > 15" PowerBook G4 1.67GHz work right away with a stock 2.6.11 kernel
> > from the Debain archive.  I have already confirmed that the IrMC and
> > GPRS functionality with my Ericsson T610 are working beautifully.
>
> Whew. That's good to hear, after a lot of reports of it *not* working I
> was beginning to doubt my sanity, but couldn't remember anything else I'd
> done.
Funny thing now is that I cannot get Bluetooth to be recognized with my
custom-compiled kernel, although I have attempted to match up what I
think the stock 2.6.11-powerpc Debian kernel has for a config with
respect to Bluetooth and USB.  I first thought it was because usbcore was
not compile as a module (the only difference I could see), but that was
not it.  Still poking around, the kernel image docs may shed some light.

Regards,
--
Barry Hawkins
All Things Computed