Re: Yaboot - does yaboot support splash?

On 5/22/05, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, May 21, 2005 at 04:32:12PM +0300, Eddy Petrisor wrote:
> > >
> > > But neither is what Eddy's asking about (at least as far as I can gather
> > > from IRC conversation). I believe the question was about displaying an
> > > image at the yaboot prompt itself, which would need to be implemented in
> > > yaboot itself and isn't.
> >
> > Yes, this is correct.
> > Maybe ubuntu's uslpash will make this... when is done (Colin do you
> > happen to know anything about this :-) ?
>
> usplash won't do bootloader splash images either. It's intended to fill
> the same rôle as bootsplash/gensplash, except in userspace.
hmm, I don't know where I got that idea; I looked over the wiki for
usplash some time ago, and understood that, but there was a step there
that said something about lilo/grub fading to black and I asumed
(don't know why) that will have to do with the bootloader, too...

> There's no getting around hacking the bootloader for this.
in that case, I hope somebody does this really soon for yaboot :-)

--
Regards,
EddyP