Re: pbbuttonsd eats my cpu

Hi,

Just happened again by reloading the usbhid module.

> > > Could you sent me the strace logs?

select(12, [3 4 5 11], NULL, NULL, {0, 10000}) = 2 (in [3 4], left {0, 10000})
read(3, 0x7fb7f6e0, 16)                 = -1 ENODEV (No such device)
read(4, 0x7fb7f6e0, 16)                 = -1 ENODEV (No such device)

(continued forever, in a tight loop)

Obvious what should be done: if the return value from the read is -1
abandon the device and rescan :)

Actually, the rescanning is arguable. Should it be done regardless of
the autorescan setting? I would think yes, because the most common case
of this is going to be reloaded usbhid modules etc. in which case you'd
want to have a rescan done, but I usually do something like
 sleep 1 ; rmmod usbhid ; sleep 1 ; modprobe usbhid
(the first sleep 1 to not have everything go crazy because I never
release the return key or rather the module already de-initialised).
Then an immediate rescan would be useless.

Well. I don't care much, I have autorescan on anyway ;)

johannes