Re: instruction cache throttling

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 12:25 +0100, Lee Braiden wrote:
> Wouldn't that be a lot simpler and more reliable?  I mean,
> you could still assume a default workload for apps that haven't added
> those
> few extra lines of code to optimise for Linux.
I'm not a corder but I believe this would involve creating a library
such as the one proposed for L4 for memory management.  This would
entail taking an app's word for how much memory they need, regardless of
this being in user space or in the kernel.  Being that linux is a
monolithic kernel it probably makes sense to centralise this to the
kernel.