Re: instruction cache throttling

Joerg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> wrote:
> Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> I used this module today and I don't see any difference to the life
>>> without. I use 254 because 255 cause very high cpu load.
>>
>> Did you see a significant difference in battery consumption with
>> different ictc values ?
>
> No. I think it doesn't work.

I took the false values. It is not only putting the value into the
register. To enable ictc bit one of the register must be enabled.
Unfortunately I tried powers of two. :-( Now with 15 (divider = 10) it
works and the system behaves like a slower system. Playing a mp3 with
xmms consumes nearly 50 percent of cpu.

But I observed a higher power consumption. I don't know why.

Jörg.
--
Wer in einem gewissen Alter nicht merkt, dass er hauptsächlich von
Idioten umgeben ist, merkt es aus einem gewissen Grunde nicht.