2.6.12-rc4 lots faster than any kernel before?

Hi All

I just built and installed 2.6.12-rc4: This beast really seems to run
faster than ever since I've seen a kernel *anywhere* since I started
using Linux about 4 years ago:

Booting goes so fast I have problems to read all messages on console
during the system start ..

Not being sure: I did my own config (enabling LED Blink again :)))),
so it might be my kernel .config is a reason ... but I don't believe
that: I think it's 2.6.12 :)

And I don't say everything is running smooth: Alsa didn't start, and
pbbuttonsd doesn't seem to know how to handle userspace PM ... Or it's
my mistake ... don't know yet: With these glitches I'll be back
later here, starting another thread. Perhaps.

Am I the only who got impressed?

Whatever:
Thanks a lot to the kernel developpers (You know who you are ... :)

Best Regards
Wolfgang
--
Wolfgang Pfeiffer