Re: ati rage 128 dri: trunk, xorg, and debian's xfree

On Monday 09 May 2005 23:46, Mauro wrote:
> What machine are you using?  Which rage 128 card are you using?  Does it
> freeze during screensaver startup?  I run a iMac DV with Rage 128 RL/VR
> AGP.  I used to use Danzer's X to get around a a bug that froze my
> system when accel was enabled.  It doesn't freeze with Ubuntu hoary,
> although not all have this luck, read:

It's a rage mobility m3 in an iBook g3/500.  It's not freezing, and most
opengl stuff does seem to basically work (though some screensavers have weird
flicker issues, but I think that's a bug in those screensavers).  Blender
will crash to the desktop, though, immediately upon startup -- seemingly when
trying to setup the opengl canvas.  Works fine with the trunk packages, which
leads me to blame the X drivers, and the Blender maintainers seemed to think
it was an X issue before that point.

Lee.

Please send replies to the list, not to my email address.