Re: Building packages and compiler flags

Carsten Friede wrote:
Hi.

Is it possible to activate specific compiler flags, when building packages from source, eg. for the AltiVec, to improve performance? What I want to do, is to compile particular packages with flags according to my iBook G4. My thought is, to get my Debian more customized like Gentoo. What I not want is to compile everything from scratch. I like Debian! :-)

So, can anybody give me a hand?

I just found out about dpkg-divert.
Maybe you could use it to divert gcc and insert there your compiler switches.

PS: I indend to revive the debtoo project ;-) , are you in? :-)

--
Regards,
EddyP