Charger ring colour does not fit apm indication

Hello,

I have a powerbook g4 with Debian installed on it and Mac OS X.

The kernel used by me is 2.6.9 with benh's sleep patch.

I have some concerns regarding charging and the battery:
1) When inserting the charger into the laptop and the battery is partially charged, then the light ring on the charger plug is orange. I know this is normal, but sometimes while the power applet indicates that the battery is not charged, the ring lits green.

2) I am also woried about the best practice regarding the charging as I use the laptop as my main workstation. When I put the laptop to sleep the ring also switches to green which makes me think that I am overchaging the battery, thus killing it slowly. Do I need to worry about this thing?

3) Sometimes, after a long time having the chager plugger the charging is stopped (the ring turns off) and is not restored until I pull the charger out of the power socket and reinsert it in. I suspect some problems in the power adapter (laptop was originally built for Ireland while I live in Romania so I use a power plug addapter), but I am afraid the laptop commands at some point "stop recharging". Is the chager this smart? Should I worry or should I just serch for a replace for the power addapter?

In any case, If is a kernel problem, which version should I use?

thanks

--
Regards,
EddyP