Re: some way to start gtkbuttons at X startup

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 01:04:15 +0300
Eddy Petrisor <eddy.petrisor@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to start automatically gtkbuttons at X startup?
> I am really annoyed of the fact that I saw the equivalent in kde 3.4
> (kubuntu) made by default (although i don't know if it was at X
> startup
> or just user login) and I have been thinking about it.

I think the only way to get rid of the KDE brightness popup it to
deinstall the laptop-tools package, except that there are new
options in KDE 3.4 I don't know about.

The easiest way to get gtkpbbuttons startet after login is to compile
it with gnome session management (this should also work with KDE).
Then it will connect to a session manager and after saving the current
session it should always reapear after login.

If gtkpbbuttons was compiled without support for session management,
create a KDE link to gtkpbbuttons in your autostart directory.

  Best Regards
    Matthias