Re: apple dvd pccard

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Rolando Abarca wrote:

does anyone knows if there's a driver for the apple dvd pccard (the
mpeg2 decoder)? that one that was for wallstreet and lombards...
regards,

Last I checked, there was no driver for this hardware.  I did own a
Lombard at one point, and I'm not sure if this device even showed up
on an lspci scan.

The only MPEG decoders I know of with good linux support are the ones
in the Hauppauge line of TV encoder/decoder cards, and the HDTV card
specfically sold for linux...  There are most likely others, just not
what I've come across when I was searching a while back...

cheers
vinai