Re: stranded Ibook g4 users

Il giorno 19/apr/05, alle 09:38, Mauro ha scritto:

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 01:50 -0400, Eric Pineault wrote:
Hi all, sorry for the delayed reply, thanks first of all for the
interest and time. I'm totally swamped with work this week, so will be a
bit passive, but it seems we identified a specific type of Ibook G4,
revision 1.1. Sleep works on revision 1.2 but not on ours.

This is not true.  Although I have the 1.1 ibook and would be happy if
there was a fix with my specific model in mind, there is one person on
that string that reports having a 1.2 for which disabling DRI also fixed
his waking from sleep panic (as disabling DRI fixes my 1.1 ibook).
see
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php? s=7a758d7b16606695ec80f6412bf586ad&t=25264&page=2&pp=10
"Bug #7464 instead addresses the G4 iBooks with the radeon 9200 card.
The reporter said that disabling dri worked for him, and he has a 7455
iBook. It works for me also (iBook G4 12''), and this is
my /proc/cpuinfo:

processor : 0
cpu : 7447A, altivec supported
clock : 599MHz
revision : 1.2 (pvr 8003 0102)"

Well, Mauro, disabling DRI does not work for people with revision 1.1 ibooks, so this is the problem!

ASAP I'll try to apply the suggested patch to 2.6.11 toghether with the ubuntu-specific patches and I will try to build a kernel .deb.

Please keep in mind that I have got to work, so "ASAP" may mean "within one week"

Peppe