Re: making mouse event with keys

Tamas K Papp <tpapp@Princeton.EDU> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In I11, I would like certain keys (F11, F12) to behave as if I pressed
> the mouse buttons 2 or 3.  Is it possible?

Yes. You need xkbset to switch on Pointer_Buttons for xmodmap.

xkbset m
xkbset exp =m

Afer this, you can do

xmodmap -e "keycode 113 = Pointer_Button2"
xmodmap -e "keycode 109 = Pointer_Button3"
xmodmap -e "keycode 117 = Pointer_Button3"

BTW: If the fn-Key would be visible in user space I could be used for
this.

Jörg.

--
Wer einen Traum verwirklichen will, muss erst aufwachen.