Re: giveaway: Beige G3 - complete system (Switzerland)

Hi Tormod,

On Thursday 07 April 2005 15:33, Tormod Volden wrote:
> I want to get rid of my Power Macintosh G3 (beige desktop), since I am
> gonna move. It would be nice if it could be used by (and/or):
>
> 1) someone developing, testing or using Debian (or some other free OS)
> 2) someone who can't afford to buy a system
> 3) someone near to Zurich, Switzerland (because of shipping cost)
>
> I realize that the combination of 2 and 3 is not easy ;)

So I only qualify for 1) :-) And 2... (but only for testing purposes...)

I do work on FAI (fully automatic installation of debian+more, see
www.informatik.uni-koeln.de/fai) for powerpc and also do occasionally work on
the new debian installer, also mainly on powerpc. Your machine is espacially
interesting as it's the fastest "oldworld" machine available. (I also have
good contacts with the quik (oldworld bootloader) maintainer, I've seen quik
problems on the g3 beige for a long time and would really like to work on a
solution for that problem...)

Currently I only have an pmac 7200 and a pmac 4400 as test machines (I also do
have two faster ppc machines but realyl cannot use them for testing as they
are in "production use"

> Any suggestions for what to do with it are welcome.

I would pay the shipping costs, so you could ship it to me. But not the
monitor and printer, please :-)

So, if you still got that machine and nobody wanted it, I would gladly take
it. If it's allready taken, anyway thanks for the offer :-)

regards from Hamburg,
 Holger