Re: Recompile a driver, without recompiling the whole kernel

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 11:15:09AM +0200, Johannes Mockenhaupt wrote:
> Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:
> [...]
> > All I want is compiling the new driver and copy it to somewhere below
> > /lib/modules/`uname -r`/
> [...]
>
> The kernel makefile accepts a filename or a directory as argument which
> will then compile only that file/directory. (As seen in 'make help').

Thanks a lot: Obviously sitting on my brain it took me some time to
understand: I firstly entered all time long 'make --help" ("What
version of make does he have .... ?!!?")  instead of leaving away the
hyphens ...

Thanks again ... :)

Regards
  Wolfgang