Re: Reverse engeneering the SMU (iMac G5, newer single-pro G5)

John,

thanks for your tip. No Apple has not released the source for its low
level thermal management drivers (AFAIK at least). It seems it's because
the thermal management is a "sensitive" competitive feature [1]. The
only things I could find so far are some high level notes of the SMU on
Apple's site [2], but I might not have searched enough :-).

Francois

[1] http://lists.apple.com/archives/darwin-dev/2004/Sep/msg00083.html
[2] http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Hardware/Developer_Notes/Macintosh_CPUs-G5/PowerMacG5_SP/2Architecture/chapter_3_section_9.html

--