Re: Reverse engeneering the SMU (iMac G5, newer single-pro G5)

Francois <f.taiani@computer.org> writes:
> One of the last critical things missing on my G5 to run Debian is fan
> control. To see if I could help understand how it works under Darwin, I
> tried to have a look at the corresponding libraries (the whole thing is
> called SMU, System Management Unit, a replacement for the older PMU
> system).

It looks like you have done a lot of work on this. I don't know the answer,
but I thought I'd ask another question. Doesn't Apple distribute the source
code to this as part of Darwin? That would save you a fair bit of trouble.

Otherwise, I imagine the code is originally Objective-C. If you want to
demangle the sames, see if you can find an equivalent tool to c++filt(1) for
ObjC.

cheers,

John