Re: Downgrading from Sid to Sarge ?

On Mar 31, 2005 4:49 PM, Wolfgang Pfeiffer <roto@gmx.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 03:20:57PM -0500, Mehul Sanghvi wrote:
> > 'allo,
> >
> >     I've been working with what I thought was Sarge.  I noticed today
> > that I'm actually
> > pulling down packages from unstable (Sid).  How do I ensure that I am
> > always using
> > Sarge, though at times there might be something in Sid that I might
> > want to pull down
> > and try out.
> >
> > In /etc/apt/apt.conf:
> >
> > APT
> > {
> >   Default-Release "testing";
> > };
> >

> > This should make sure that I only get from testing aka Sarge, yes ?
>
> It looks like, yes ... at least for me: But did you actually write to
> your apt sources list the Debian locations for sarge, and only those
> for sarge? Or do you have the locations for unstable in there, too?

I have both testing and unstable in there.  I was under the impression
that I could
have both in there, and with the default set to testing in
/etc/apt/apt.conf, I could then
have an unstable package installed by giving the '-t' option I believe
to apt-get.
Seems like I was mistaken.  I'm pretty sure I picked this up from one
of the FAQs
or the manuals.

I'll comment out the unstable locations, and redo the update for
apt-get, and then
see what happens as has been suggested in one of the other emails.

Thank you for the help and pointers.

cheers,

      mehul

--