Patch for pbbuttonsd 0.6.8 improved trackpad control

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:29:42 +0200
Colin Leroy <colin@colino.net> wrote:

> On 30 Mar 2005 at 12h03, Matthias Grimm wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > The tapping is only disabled for 0.6 seconds and key repetition is
> > not covered. Only normal key strokes will disable trackpad tapping.
> > To continously disable the tapping you need constant typing. Pressing
> > one single key for a while is not the same.
>
> In mouseemu i (think to remember) used key _press_ to disable trackpad
> until key _release_ + delta. So that handles either constant typing or
> constant press. Maybe you can do like that too?

I created a patch based on the last release 0.6.8 that disables the trackpad
also if the key is hold (repeat). Furtheron the trackpad is disabled now as soon
the first key is pressed. In the current release the trackpad is disabled with the
first key release for technical reasons.

This technical reasons makes is necessary to restructure the trackpad code a
bit. The trackpad will be reconfigured as soon as someone requests. In the past
pbbuttonsd waited the ADB bus to be inactive before programming the trackpad.
For the keyboard it is necessary to wait for the ADB bus but I haven't discovered
any side effects with the trackpad yet.

Please report any problems and send a notice too when you have no problems
at all :-)

Best Regards