Re: pbbuttonsd 0.6.8beta1 has been released for testing

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:35:11 +0000 (UTC)
Joerg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> wrote:

> Matthias Grimm <matthiasgrimm@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > As consequence of the high number of critical bugs in the last release I
> > publish a beta release first this time:
> >
> >                                   PBButtonsd 0.6.8beta1
> >                  available at: http://pbbuttons.sourceforge.net
>
> I've build it and started it (not installed), but the touchpad suspend
> doesn't work. I can type and use the touchpas. How to enable this new
> feature?

In this beta realease the function is always enabled. To track if the trackpad
tap is currently en- or disabled, you could compile with --enable-debug.

The tapping is only disabled for 0.6 seconds and key repetition is not covered.
Only normal key strokes will disable trackpad tapping. To continously disable
the tapping you need constant typing. Pressing one single key for a while is
not the same.

The best way to test this feature is to type constantly on the keyboard while
trying to activate another window with a tap on the trackpad. This should not
be possible. But keep in mind: 0.6 seconds are really short so don't type too
slowly :-). In the main release this time value has been increades to 0,8 seconds.

  Best Regrads
     Matthias