Re: list of PowerMac sound hardware TO-DO (help welcome)

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 16:13 +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> > Other people are quite welcome to contribute additional data, especially
> > which PowerMac models use which chipset.  Tools that can be used to find
> > the info include 'lspci' 'dmesg' and 'hwinfo' - just to name a few.
>
> You need more infos. lspci is useless, but the device-tree might be
> useful.

IIRC 'hwinfo' provides that.

> The type of "chipset" can be broken down more depending on the bus type:
> apple's davbus (awacs, burgundy, screamer) and i2s (daca, tumbler,
> snapper, and anything more recent where apple doesn't bother putting
> names anymore).

OK, for that I wouldn't know how they are subdivided.

> The real problem is with the recent stuff though.

Old stuff too.  I mean, heck, this iMac G3 is from the very first NewWorld
batch and burgundy support is severely broken...

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://www.iki.fi/q-funk/