Re: list of PowerMac sound hardware TO-DO (help welcome)

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 15:20, Mike Small wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 04:13:15PM +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> Mine is a G4 466 desktop (Digital Audio is the nickname) and uses
> tumbler.  Alsa works fine on it.  I'm not sure about beep.  What is that
> exactly and how would I test it?

G3/500 iBook2 here, with tumbler.  It seems to be stable at long last, but it
still clicks and pops once in a while, and I'm not convinced the volume level
is "safe", since it distorts at max volumes on both internal speakers and
headphone jack output to a line level limited hifi.  Mac OS X seemed to keep
the volume lower even when its software controls were set to 100%.

I think this bounty would need to clearly define working to get the best
results.

--
Lee.