Re: sound on Mac-Mini working... clumsily

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 15:19 +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> Hello Ben,
>
> According to the following thread, a simple patch to an existing ALSA
> driver allows basic sound support on the Mac Mini:
>
> http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=12748

Yes I know. I'm digging into the stuff here, still wondering if there is
an i2c chip for controlling the output _at_all_ or if it's just a fixed
function D->A converter. In which case, no HW volume control is
possible, and I have to investigate wether ALSA provides some kind of
software control.

> Regarding overall pmac ALSA support, is there a table that shows what
> works and what is broken for each supported sound hardware? Such a table
> could go a long way towards helping whoever will pocket the $500 Ubuntu
> bounty for fixing ALSA for all pmac sound hardware variants.

Not exactly, you are welcome to start such a table though :)

Ben.